Friday, September 8, 2017

Zoella Inspired Pom Pom Sweater Tutorial!


Hello! Fall and winter are just around the corner and I can't wait to start wearing some cute sweaters, cowls, and hats. I was watching Zoella last week and she was wearing the cutest sweater with pom poms on it and I fell in love and I HAD to make myself one! I think it turned out so cute and I wanted to share with ya'll how to make this sweater so I have put together a video tutorial on it! Scroll down for the tutorial and the written instructions.








Pom Pom Sweater

Materials

- A knitted or crocheted sweater (I found an off white knitted sweater at my local thrift store for $3.50!)
- Pom Poms (Each pom pom should have 2 dangling strands of yarn left long enough to sew them to the sweater. Click here for a video tutorial on how to make pom poms.)
- Crochet hook small enough to fit in between the crocheted or knitted stitches (I used a 3/2.10mm steel crochet hook)
-Darning needle
-Scissors

Instructions

1. Plan out where you would like to place the pom poms.

2. Attach the pom poms by inserting the hook from inside of the sweater to the outside, where you would like a pom pom.Yarn over the hook with one of the dangling strands of yarn on the pom pom and pull the strand through to the inside of the sweater. Repeat with the other strand of yarn, making sure to insert the hook through a different stitch.

3. Tie the strands of yarn into a knot. Insert the hook from outside of the sweater to the inside. Yarn over the hook with one of the strands and pull the yarn through to the other side, close to the pom pom. Thread the yarn through a darning needle and thread up through the pom pom. Trim to hide the strand of yarn. Repeat for the other strand of yarn.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the rest of the pom poms.

The End! Enjoy your sweater!  




I hope ya'll liked this video tutorial! Don't forget to subscribe to my channel if you haven't already! I hope ya'll are having a wonderful day!