Thursday, July 13, 2017

A Star For Kayla's Birthday


Hello! If you have followed me for awhile then you know about my sister Kayla and Kayla's Stars. My sister passed away unexpectedly a couple of years ago. I asked all of my followers to crochet stars and we had stars sent in from all over the world. We hung 1,118 stars in the tree in my parents front yard for Kayla's 21st birthday. It was a wonderful experience and so beautiful to see all of the stars hanging in that tree. It's one of the most amazing things that I have organized in my entire life and I will never forget it. Thank you again to everyone that sent in stars. They are still being used too. I used some on my Christmas tree and I have a special surprise for the rest of them. I will share as soon as I can. For more about Kayla's Stars and a video of the stars hanging in the tree, click here.

Now, every year I am hanging one star in the tree for Kayla on her birthday. This is the star that I hung last year.


And this is the star that we hung today. I used a yarn that I dyed myself. 



You can see last year's star is still hanging too.


Happy Birthday Kayla. 
I miss you so much. 
It still hurts so much. 
I love you so much.