Wednesday, December 14, 2016

How To Crochet Into The 3rd Loop Of A Half Double Crochet


Hello! I love to crochet into the 3rd loop of half double crochets because it gives a wonderful knitted texture look. I used this technique in my newest hat pattern, Jingle The Elf Hat which will be available for free until the end of 2016 as a gift to ya'll!
I thought I would make a picture tutorial and video tutorial to help those that don't know how to do this technique. I think it's a wonderful technique and I hope these tutorials help. Scroll down for the picture tutorial and the video tutorial.

Jingle The Elf hat has 10 little jingle bells that surround the face and a big jingle bell on the tail of the hat. It's a fun hat to make and wear because you jingle as you walk, bounce, dance, etc
I can't wait to share my newest hat pattern with ya'll! I'm working hard on finalizing this pattern and it will be available sometime this week!


How To Crochet Into The 3rd Loop Of A HDC
Video tutorial:


How To Crochet into the 3rd loop Of A Half Double Crochet:
When you look at the top of the half double crochet, there is a v with a front loop and a back loop.


If you tilt the half double crochet towards you, there is a 3rd loop that can be worked into as well.


Yarn over (if needed), insert the hook into the 3rd loop at the back of the half double crochet and continue making the double crochet or whatever stitch the pattern calls for.



And that's it! It's that simple, I hope ya'll like this stitch and have fun with it! And I hope these tutorials are helpful.

Don't forget to subscribe to my youtube channel if you haven't already and subscribe to my website/blog so you don't miss anything!

Soft hugs and